First Nations Group Benefits
& Retirement Savings
We specialize and are dedicated to helping First Nations.
The Group Benefits and Retirement needs of First Nations are unique compared to a typical corporation. Capri recognizes this and truly partners with each and every First Nations Organization we work with. Our Benefits Consultants are First Nations themselves with a thorough understanding and appreciation for First Nations culture.
If your health insurance broker doesn't specialize in First Nations Insurance, then it may be time for a second opinion. Our clients work with us because we provide the service and attention every First Nations Organization deserves.
Why this B.C. First Nations Band Works with Capri:
"In November 2011, our Band switched providers with the assistance of Norine and her team at Capri. We had many questions and concerns about Status Indian Benefits and Non-Status Benefits. Norine was very helpful, knowledgeable and respectful in her communications and meetings with us. I highly recommend Norine Stewart and Capri Insurance."
How Capri Can Help First Nations Organizations:
- Relationships with Proprietary Providers – Our Consultants have exclusive access to health insurance companies that specialize in First Nations benefit plans. Not all brokers do.
- An Advocate in Your Corner – Our only priority is to make sure that your First Nations Organization has the right coverage and receives the service you want and deserve. We work for you – not the health insurance company.
- Plan Audit & Design – Our First Nations Consultants can evaluate your existing Employee Benefits and Group Retirement plans and identify areas for improvement and cost-savings strategies.
- Face-to-Face Contact – Our Consultants regularly travel to your location, no matter how remote, to ensure face-to-face contact. We know it's important to you – and it's important to us!
- Coordination of Benefits - We will ensure that Benefits are correctly coordinated with Non-Insurance Health Benefits (NIHB) Status Cards.
- FNHA Health Benefits – With the ongoing evolution of Health Benefits for B.C. First Nations, we will ensure you arekept apprised of the changes and initiatives of the First Nations Health Authority (FNHA).
- Chief and Council Benefit Coverage – Capri has relationships with select carriers to provide this coverage - not all health insurance carriers can.
- Wellness Programs – We work with several providers to deliver Employee Assistance Plans (EAPs) best suited to help with the unique wellness needs of your First Nations Organization.
- Employee Meetings – We recognize that employees have many questions about their group benefit and retirement plans. We are here to support you with employee plan roll-out, communication and ongoing education.
- Band Member Plans – The Capri Team can help design and implement Band Member Plans for all members on and off the reserve. Not all providers can offer this.
- Taxation – We work with you to ensure your group benefits and retirement plans are tax exempt in accordance with government regulations.
- Employee Surveys – If you aren't sure what your employees want and value in a group benefits plan, the Capri Team can help from start to finish.
- Group Hunting and Fishing AD&D – Hunting and fishing is a way of life on the reserve. Unfortunately accidents do happen. We can arrange financial protection from an exclusive health insurance provider.
- Band Employee Benefits (BEB) Funding – We work with you to ensure your plans are setup correctly to ensure you receive BEB Funding.
Learn more how Capri can help your First Nations Organization with Group Employee Benefits and Group Retirement Savings Plans.